The Finance Chairperson and Finance Committee maintain and monitor all fiduciary activities associated with the ministry. In addition to maintaining the weekly and monthly financial responsibilities associated with the church, the finance committee also:
- Prepares the annual budget and presents the proposed budget to the Session for the approval and forwarding to the congregation for review and approval.
- Receive and analyze financial reports from the Treasurer and Financial Secretary.
- Meet regularly to assess the financial picture of the church and review the financial position of funds.
- Obtains an annual internal review of all funds while assuring proper procedures for accountability. Such reviews shall include General Funds, Building Funds, General Mission, Social Outreach and all other funds and accounts associated with the ministry.
- Performs an in-depth, detailed audit that is to be performed on each church account on an annual basis.